Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Hot Summer

What a way to spend a Saturday. My acrophobia agoraphobia caught up with me again this weekend, and I found it almost impossible to leave the house. I kind of reflect it when I dress, veering between completely black clothing and bright pink Hawaiian shirts twinned with green-grey combat shorts. The nearest I got to getting outside was climbing out of my window to sunbath on the scaffolding, which allows me to exit without having to see people. Even then, I get a hit of anthropomorphizing paranoia every time the curtains billow out of the window over my head, seeing a great muumuu-ed figure leaning over me... at least when you're mad, you're never alone.

3 comments:

Chiarina said...

grill, are you really acrophobic? pavements aren't high....are you sure not a touch of agoraphobia maybe? get it right, it's your phobia! xxx

Grill said...

Damn spell-checking tool. It convinced me I'd spelled agoraphobia incorrectly. Just like now it convinced me that "spelt" was wrong too. Grr.

Incidentally, I am scared of Agoras too, after that incident with Plato and the shadow-puppets.

Grill said...

Though actually, now I think about I am scared of high places. And I'm not actually sacred of going out, I just find when I'm in that state I can't deal with people, don't want to anyway, and just babble crap when I do have to talk. It's probably closer to social anxiety than anything else.