Friday, July 25, 2003

Brace yourself for a boredom tornado; I went to a PC factory in Germany. Now, I'm expecting yawns, ann switching off of eyes everywhere now, and that's justified and right, I'm sure. But unlike you utter bastards out there, I found it both stimulating and fascinating. Waves of solder rising up to just clip motherboards, hard drives are flashed in seconds, a complete computer from nothing in less than twenty minutes. Makes you feel cheated to be paying a thousands pounds a whack... Oh, and I'm sick of press trips where I get sent out to a foreign country for a day, only to find that I'm staying in generic hotel Z, and eating Mexican food with people who can't quite communicate with me, whether through language barriers or otherwise. Everywhere I go it's the same story; whisked through, shielded from this spectacular location. Grr.

No comments: